Stretching & Mobility
Horses instinctively know how to stretch; they stretch spontaneously, continually and naturally, tuning up the muscles they need to use most. In normal conditions, a horse will not overstretch. Regular stretching will benefit your horse and will give you feedback on their condition. Some of the benefits of stretching may be:
* Reduction of overall muscle tension and stiffness.
* Increased circulation of blood and lymph fluids.
* Increased oxygenation and nutrition in the tissues.
* Increased elasticity of the muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
* Increased flexibility and range of motion of the joints.
* Improved coordination.
* Reduction of muscle strain and ligament sprain.
* Improvement of the stride length.
* Improved reflex time response.